- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Science, 1973
- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Laws, 1976
- London School of Economics, Master of Laws, International Business Law, 1989
- Graduate studies in International Law of Natural Resources, International Economic Law, International Business Transactions and International Commercial Arbitration Law
- Awarded a mark of Distinction in all courses and the Schwarzenberger Prize in International Law
- Certificate in Theory, Practice and Rules of Dispute Review Boards, CDRS Dispute Resolution Training Institute, Washington D.C., September 28, 2008.